Monday, September 26, 2011

And now for something completely different!

I am trying to start a photography business. This is mind numbingly scary at some points for me. Part of the time I'm like, "Yes! I can do this! It will be awesome and I'll work for myself!" and the other part of the time I'm hiding in the dark corners of my mind wondering what exactly I'm thinking. What if I mess up? What if a client doesn't like what I do? What if I accidentally piss them off because they don't understand sarcasm?!?! My friend put it this way, "You need this." she says. She's not wrong. I work for my dad, and I also have 3 uncles here, not to mention that most of the guys here have been around my entire life so they're extended family too. It's not bad, but it's not exactly my dream either. Sitting at a desk was never a dream of mine, but now I've been here 5 years and I know how to answer phones and sit at a desk. It's been so long since I've gotten behind a camera that I'm not sure I'll remember anything. It's outside my box, and everyone says to break out of that kind of thing, but I don't remember anyone saying that it can actually be really freaky! Any tips on how to break out of the norm?

No comments: